With extension of the National Apprenticeship Training Scheme (NATS) for another 5 years and inclusion of Non-Engineering Graduates such as B. A, B.Sc., B. Com, BBA etc. under the purview of NATS, the supply volume is expected to rise manifold. As a part of the outcome, the target for BOPT (ER) for the coming years is also likely to increase gradually to around 1 Lakh apprentices in next three years’ time. To facilitate the industry (specially MSMEs) to undertake Apprenticeship program as mandated under The Apprentices Act, 1961, a provision has been made under Section 8(2) of the said Act which enables several employers to join together either themselves or through an agency approved by the Apprenticeship Adviser for providing Apprenticeship Training to the apprentices under them accordingly to the guidelines issued from time to time by the Government. Therefore, BOPT (ER) intends to support MSMEs and other establishments by providing them facility of Third-Party Aggregator (TPA) and encourage them to engage qualified youth for Apprenticeship Training in accordance with the provisions of the Act. The MSDE who has a larger stake in implementation of The Apprentices Act has already empanelled about 100 TPAs throughout the country for scaling up the current activities.
About more than 1 Lakh companies especially MSMEs having operation in Eastern Region are still uncovered. These companies primarily require General Stream Graduates for their operations. These companies may be due to smaller in size or non-availability of organized HR department, not able to get on board on NATS and contribute to the scheme. Many a times mobilization of appropriate resources (Students) is also stated to be a major hurdle in implementation of NATS in these establishments. BOPT intends to bring all these uncovered establishments on board to NATS through empanelment of TPAs and thereby placing apprentices to the tune of more than 1 Lakh in these establishments.
- To mobilize and counsel new establishments in the States under the jurisdiction of BOPT (ER) to engage apprentices to a minimum of 10 establishments and minimum 1000 Contract of Apprenticeship moving average per month for 6 months.
- To mobilize and counsel eligible candidates to undergo apprenticeship trainings.
- To match the demand of establishments for apprentices with the eligible candidates desiring to undergo apprenticeship program.
- To assist the establishment in selection and engagement of apprentices.
- To upload contracts of apprenticeship on the apprenticeship portal on behalf of the establishment for registration by Apprenticeship Adviser.
- To upload the Training Program with duration of apprenticeship courses on behalf of the establishment.
- To furnish all the returns on the portal-site on behalf of the establishment.
- To submit reimbursement claims on behalf of establishment towards stipend paid to apprentices.
- To assist the establishment to conduct assessment and issue certificates (also to help establishments to coordinate with assessment authorities as required under Designated and Optional Trades.)
- NATS TPA must not charge any money from apprentices. However, it may charge the establishment for services rendered such as mobilization and to provide administrative support to the establishment to run its apprenticeship program.